lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Burton-West, Tom" <tburt...@umich.edu>
Subject RE: questions about DocsEnum.read()in flex api
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2010 18:37:51 GMT
Thanks Mike!

A follow-up question:

> DocsEnum.read() currently delegates to nextDoc() in the base class and there
> is a note that subclasses may do this more efficiently.  Is there currently
> a more efficient implementation in a subclass?
>>Yes, the standard codec does so (StandardPostingsReaderImpl.java).

I assume that the standard codec is the default.  Will what I'm using in HighFreqTermsWithTF
to instantiate an IndexReader (below) eventually end up instantiating the StandardPostingReaderImpl
or do I need to do something explicitly that will cause it to be instantiated?

dir = FSDirectory.open(new File(args[0]));
reader = IndexReader.open(dir, true);

Tom