lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [SPATIAL] CartesianPolyFilterBuilder ?
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2010 11:07:03 GMT

On Mar 31, 2010, at 6:08 PM, Helleringer, Nicolas wrote:

> I do.
>
> It is clearly related to prime meridian handling but it is unreadable and buggy.

Yeah, I put up and committed a bunch of comments.

> I did a complete rewrite of this sector of code commited to Chris Male repository (working
together to rework the whole thing).

I put up a patch on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2359.  How does your's compare?
 Can you post it?

> Commit of this work should be done by Chris very soon.
>
> Hope it will help.
>
> Nicolas
>
> 2010/3/31 Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org>
> Anyone know what the point of this code is from the CartesianPolyFilterBuilder:
>
> <code>
>    shape = getShapeLoop(shape, ctp, latX, longX, latY, longY);
>    if (longX2 != 0.0) {
>      if (longX2 != 0.0) {
>        if (longX == 0.0) {
>          longX = longX2;
>          longY = 0.0;
>          shape = getShapeLoop(shape, ctp, latX, longX, latY, longY);
>        } else {
>          longX = longX2;
>          longY = -180.0;
>          shape = getShapeLoop(shape, ctp, latY, longY, latX, longX);
>        }
>      }
>
> </code>
>
> Why the double check on longX2?  I think it's trying to get at edge cases (based on earlier
statements to do with prime meridian and the 180 longitude.

> Also, I see the following comment:
> double startY = beginAt - startX ; //should give a whole number
>
> Yet, in debugging, I don't see how it is ever a whole number, b/c, AIUI, the left side
of the decimal of a box number is the X value (latitude) and the right side of the decimal
is the Y value.

> FWIW, I'm testing how all this tile stuff behaves across the 180th degree longitude (and
it doesn't seem to be behaving well)