lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Pradeep Pujari <Prade...@rocketmail.com>
Subject common phrase
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2010 20:31:54 GMT
I searched through SOLR wiki, I did not find how to use common phrases in Solr. It has synonyms,
stop words, but does it support common phrases?

Common Phrases Rules contain terms of two or more words that should always be searched as
a whole and not as separate parts, such as 'boot cut' or 'dc shoes'.
Usually, a phrase has a meaning which is unique and which may be very different from that
of any of its individual parts.

Does Solr support this feature? There are many literature about key phrase extraction in IR
books. I can implement it if it is not there already.

Thanks,
Pradeep.