lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject #lucene-dev - a logged IRC channel
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2010 19:29:46 GMT
I have created #lucene-dev on freenode:

	irc://freenode/lucene-dev

The channel is logged, with an archive here:

	http://colabti.org/irclogger/irclogger_logs/lucene-dev

I would like for #lucene-dev to be a place where people can have zero-latency on-the-record
discussions about Lucene and Solr development.  I invite all #lucene participants to say howdy
to Big Brother over at #lucene-dev.

A month ago, I was on the fence about whether or not this was a good idea.  People expressed
both negative and positive opinions.  (Not the same people.  You know, *different* people.
 Evidence of bipolar disorders was significantly below detectable levels.  Yes.)

Lucene/Solr development pace has increased dramatically recently, thanks in no small part,
I believe, to forums like #lucene.  I think that's great.

What I think is not so great is that people who don't have the time to hang out on #lucene
24-7 (like me) have zero visibility on very substantial technically-focused discussions about
the design and implementation of Lucene.

Steve