lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Tomas <tomasflo...@yahoo.com.ar>
Subject SOLR-571:LRUCache autowarmCount should support percentages
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 22:10:40 GMT
Hi, I've been using Solr for some time and i would like to contribute a little. I found on
Jira an improvement that seems to be easy to implement (I don't want to go with the most difficult
ones until I get completly familiar with Solr code), the one on the Subject of this mail:
SOLR-571:LRUCache autowarmCount should support percentages.

I was thinking in modify both, the FastLRUCache and the LRUCache to allow percentages (as
well as absolute values of course) on "autowarmCount" parameter, and in the case of a percentage,
simply evaluate it on the "init" method.

For example, when "size" parameter is 1000 and "autowarmCount" parameter is "50%", simply
set the field autowarmCount in 500.
Does someone see a potential problem here?

Tomás