lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <>
Subject RE: solr nightly broke?
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2010 20:44:03 GMT
I think this is a problem of the zipper/tarer/warer J Can you open an issue for the ant files
to include the dynamically compiled jar files? Lucene now build lucene on building solr, but
seems to miss to add the jars from the build dir to the binary zips.

Uwe Schindler

H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen

From: patrick o'leary []
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 9:16 PM
Subject: Fwd: solr nightly broke?

dev@l.a.o seems to dev null me

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: patrick o'leary <>
Date: Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 11:20 AM
Subject: solr nightly broke?

Pulling nightly from hudson, solr.war doesn't appear to contain lucene anymore

tar -xvzf apache-solr-2010-04-21_08-05-28.tgz
cd apache-solr-2010-04-21_08-05-28/example/
java -jar start.jar

SEVERE: Could not start Solr. Check solr/home property
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/lucene/index/IndexReader
    at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.load(

How are the tests passing if we are missing a dependency?

View raw message