lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Landing the flex branch
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2010 12:04:19 GMT
Hi,

we should think about how to merge the changes to trunk. I can try this out during the weekend,
to merge back the changes to trunk, but this can be very hard. So we have the following options:

Try a merge back: This would let flex appear as a single commit to trunk, so the history of
trunk would be preserved. If somebody wants to see the changes in the flex branch, he could
ask for them (e.g. in TortoiseSVN there is a checkbox "Include merged revisions"). If this
is not easy or fails, we can do the following:

- Create a big diff between current trunk and flex (after flex is merged up to trunk). Attach
this patch to an issue and let everybody review. After that we can apply the patch to trunk.
This would result in the same behavior for trunk, no changes lost, but all changes in flex
cannot be reviewed.
- Delete current trunk and svn move the branch to trunk (after flex is merged up to trunk):
This would make the history of flex the current history. The drawback: You losse latest trunk
changes since the split of flex. Instead you will only see the merge messages. Therefore we
should see this only as a last chance.

Comments?

-----
Uwe Schindler