lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: LuceneJUnitResultFormatter sometimes fails to lock
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 16:50:06 GMT
No, the error is correct, the problem is a different one (outside of NativeFSLock):
On windows (vista or 7) some services like virus scanners (Microsoft Security Essentials,
Avira Antivir and others) and the windows search service sometimes locks the whole dir/files
in it for very short time. After disabling virus scanning and most importantly windows search
for the lucene development folders, the problems are gone. This behavior is also the source
of some chkdsks running after restart when using svn in parallel to windows search (this is
a known bug in ntfs.sys of windows 7, event id 55 in syslogs).

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de