The very first thing I'd recommend is to get a copy of Luke
(google Lucene, Luke) and examine your index to see if
what you *think* is in there is *actually* in there.

One popular "learning experience" is to do something
like
Document = new Document();
while (<more docs to add>) {
   add field
   add field
   add doc
}

Problem is that the document simply accumulates. The first
"add doc" puts your first document in the index. The second
puts the contents of both the first and second doc in the
second doc of the index. The third puts the contents of 3
documents in for the third doc, etc.....

Cure this by moving the new Document inside the while loop....

If this doesn't help, please show your indexing and
searching code....

HTH
Erick