lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <>
Subject Re: lucene and solr trunk
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2010 21:53:16 GMT
On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 5:42 PM, Jake Mannix <> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 2:31 PM, Michael McCandless
> <> wrote:
>> If we move lucene under Solr's existing svn path, ie:
>>  /solr/trunk/lucene
> Chiming in just a bit here - isn't there any concern that independent of
> whether or not people "can"
> build lucene without checking out solr, the mere fact that Lucene will be
> effectively a "subdirectory"
> of solr...  is there no concern that there will then be a perception that Lucene is a
subproject of
> Solr, instead of vice-versa?

Who would have this perception?
Casual users will be using downloads.

Likewise, should solr be concerned that it's currently under a lucene
URL?  How many casual users actually understand the difference between
the lucene TLP and the lucene java subproject?

This is really about what makes most sense for development.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message