lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <erik.hatc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: new facet parameter: facet.exists=true
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2010 12:46:23 GMT
One trick to doing this is to index a field that lists the facet field
names that each document possesses.  Then you can facet on the field
of field names (sounds confusing, sorry) and you'll know if there are
any documents in a result set that have values in, say, a "category"
field.

There's actually a basic patch out there that'll do this
automatically: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1280  - it
needs a bit of polish, but that's the general idea.

	Erik