lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Sorting with little memory: A suggestion
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 20:17:30 GMT
On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 12:46 PM, Toke Eskildsen <te@statsbiblioteket.dk> wrote:

> However, it is not set in stone that we will shift to using Exposed or similar: As many
others we're pursuing real-time indexing and while Exposed sits at the segment-level and thus
works well for re-open, big segment changes still occur from time to time. It is hard to see
a way around this, unless the initial build time can be optimized further (a co-worker gave
a great suggestion today and I think I know another way to shave 30-40% of).

You should set a merged segment warmer on the IndexWriter to handle this case.

It warms the newly merged segment before committing it, without
blocking ongoing reopens of new NRT readers.

Mike