lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: lucene and solr trunk
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2010 21:31:05 GMT
The primary concern seems to be ensuring that, once we
merge svn, one can still checkout & build & run tests/etc for
Lucene alone.

If we move lucene under Solr's existing svn path, ie:

  /solr/trunk/lucene

and then fixup solr's build files to go and compile sources from the
lucene dir, run tests there, etc., then, one can still checkout & run
lucene fully independently -- this addresses that concern?

So.... how about we start with this approach?  Progress not
perfection...  If somehow this layout is a problem then we can just
move things around, again.

Alot of great progress has already been made on the temporary branch
-- Solr runs fine on Lucene trunk!  And, also on flex.  We need to
settle an initial svn structure so the changes on the branch can
be fully reviewed & then committed to trunk and normal dev can
proceed...

We don't need to solve how modules/contribs, etc., are going to be
fixed, now -- that all can come later.  IRC issues, using GIT instead,
etc. should also be discussed separately.  Let's just pick a place in
svn and free up ongoing dev...

Mike