lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Modules
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2010 14:23:14 GMT
On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 10:16 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
> So, should we start thinking about a Modules dir at the same level as Lucene/Solr where
shared, non-core code lives?

> For starters, I think spatial and analyzers could go there.
>
> Proposal:
>
> lucene/
> solr/
> modules/
>   analyzers
>   spatial
>   others (highlighter, faceting, ...)
>
> I guess in some respects it's just moving contrib up a level from java, but I think it
is also where Faceting should land and other things like that.

> Dependency-wise:
> modules -> lucene
> solr -> lucene, modules

Sounds good to me. I guess one thing to think about is the analyzers
in core (should they move to this module, too?).
If so, perhaps we could make 'ant test' of lucene depend on this
module, since core tests use analyzers.
But you could use lucene without an analyzers module, it wouldnt be a
"real" dependency.

--
Robert Muir
rcmuir@gmail.com