lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sorting with little memory: A suggestion
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 22:11:54 GMT
On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 6:07 PM, Toke Eskildsen <te@statsbiblioteket.dk> wrote:

> Ah... I should have seen that. I does not change the overall picture though: Althought
the ICU collation keys are impressively small, they still take up nearly as much space as
the original Strings when they themselves are represented as Strings. Thus the collation keys
does not help memory usage (much).

yeah they will only hurt you in trunk, because they are not really
stored as byte[]. But if collation keys can actually be kept as just
byte[] in flex, perhaps it could be handy by allowing you to offline
the Collator stuff to index-time.

--
Robert Muir
rcmuir@gmail.com