lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: lucene and solr trunk
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2010 12:30:40 GMT
On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 3:43 AM, Simon Willnauer
<simon.willnauer@googlemail.com> wrote:

> One more thing which I wonder about even more is that this whole
> merging happens so quickly for reasons I don't see right now. I don't
> want to keep anybody from making progress but it appears like a rush
> to me.

By the way, the serious changes we applied to the branch, most of them
have been sitting in JIRA over 3 months not doing much: SOLR-1659

if you follow the linked issues, you can see all the stuff that got
put in the branch... the branch was helpful for me, as I could help
Mark with the "ton of little things", like TokenStreams embedded
inside JSP files :)

As its just a branch, if you want to go look at those patches
(especially anything I did) and provide technical feedback, that would
be great!

But I think its a mistake to say things are rushed when the work has
been done for months.

--
Robert Muir
rcmuir@gmail.com