lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <li...@holsman.net>
Subject Re: lucene and solr trunk
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 06:18:45 GMT
what other libraries do is have a 'core' or a 'common' bit.. which is
what the lucene library really is.

looking at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/ today I see that
nearly, but it's called 'java'.
maybe just renaming 'java' to 'core' or 'common' (hadoop uses common)
might make sense
and let ivy or maven be responsible for pulling the other parts.

as a weekend developer, I would just pull the bit I care about, and let
ivy or maven get the other bits for me.

btw.. having a master 'pom.xml' in
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/ could just include the the
module pom's and build them
without having to have nightly jars etc.

as for the goal of doing single commits, I've noticed that most of the
discussion has been in the format of

/lucene/XYZ/trunk/...
and /lucene/ABC/trunk

if this is one code base, would it make sense to have it:
/lucene/trunk/ABC
/lucene/trunk/XYZ

?