lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Busch <busch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: #lucene IRC log [was: RE: lucene and solr trunk]
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2010 19:17:03 GMT
It be very cool to have a searchable archive for the IRC discussions, so +1.

But at the same time can we make sure that the decisions that are made
on IRC are still being described in a jira issue?  I don't mean that
people should repeat brainstorming, but if a discussion leads to opening
a Jira issue it'd be good to understand the reasons and details without
having to search the IRC log.  Only if someone wants to know more, e.g.
what lead to the discussion, what other ideas were discarded, etc.
should have to go to the IRC log.

  Michael