lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Busch <busch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: lucene and solr trunk
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2010 07:51:49 GMT
On 3/16/10 12:43 AM, Simon Willnauer wrote:
> If my impression should be wrong or if I miss something please ignore
> the last paragraph.

I feel exactly like you, Simon.  I don't understand the rush.  Also,
we're in review-and-commit process, not commit-and-review.  Changes have
to be proposed, discussed and ideally attached to jira as patches first.

> BTW: I still have the impression that if I don't follow IRC constantly
> I'm missing important things.

Me too.  I don't have the time to follow IRC in addition to jira and
mailinglists.  I know I've been missing stuff, because in the past I
commented on jira issues and later was told that my questions were
already discussed thoroughly on IRC.  I've also seen jira issues that
start with something like "Summary of IRC discussion:".

  Michael