lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Do away with Contrib Committers and make core committers
Date Sun, 14 Mar 2010 22:47:42 GMT

On 03/14/2010 06:37 PM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> On Mar 14, 2010, at 2:03 PM, Uwe Schindler wrote:
>

>> This time a +1 without discuss :-)
>>
> Yeah, but Uwe, the thread was DISCUSS, not VOTE!  :-)

I had a whole spiel about earning merit, and some contrib committers
were made contrib committers for just a single contrib, some long ago,
didn't have to necessarily show they understood/followed the apache way,
lower bar (not necessarily from talent perspective, but you might be
made a contrib committer just to maintain the code module you
contributed, whether you worked with the community or not), etc, etc.
But ah, since everyone is into it without discussion, far be it from me
to stand against. And I got my spiel in (super condensed) anyway now.
With everyone else into it so far, I just look foolish trying to discuss :)

- Mark

>> -----
>> Uwe Schindler
>> H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen