lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject #lucene IRC log [was: RE: lucene and solr trunk]
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2010 18:47:42 GMT
On 03/16/2010 at 6:06 AM, Michael McCandless wrote:
> Does anyone know how other projects fold in IRC...?

I gather from the deafening silence that we'll have to figure it out as we go...

I think some (not all) of the discomfort associated with IRC could be addressed with a permanent,
searchable, linkable archive of #lucene.

I went looking for IRC loggers and found http://colabti.org/.  One of the things hosted there
is a searchable, linkable permanent archive of several freenode channels.  I posted on #irclogger
asking about hosting #lucene archive, and apparently all we have to do is ask, after first
determining that nobody objects.  Here's a link (not incidentally, this is exactly what we
will have for #lucene once the service is switched on):

http://colabti.org/irclogger/irclogger_log/irclogger?date=2010-03-16#l2

So, would anybody participating on #lucene object to a permanent archive?

(I'm also going to provide a link to this thread on #lucene to make sure everybody there knows
about the issue.)

Steve