lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Gregor Kaczor" <gkac...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: new facet parameter: facet.exists=true
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2010 14:45:06 GMT
I am not sure if i got your approach right. If i did not, please explain where the advantages
are in time and memory footprint.

In my opinion faceting on facet field names does not avoid counting facets. If my result set
is huge so will be the facet numbers on on the field of facet names. It does not seem to me
like saving memory and time.

My idea is to stop counting facets after finding one. It would show that for a certain query
there are some categories available. My aim is to keep the memory footprint low while still
beeing able to facet >10^7 of documents. A problem i am dealing with right now.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------