lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <>
Subject Re: Baby steps towards making Lucene's scoring more flexible...
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2010 14:58:28 GMT
On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 06:24:34AM -0400, Michael McCandless wrote:
> > Maybe aggressive automatic data-reduction makes more sense in the context of
> > "flexible matching", which is more expansive than "flexible scoring"?
> I think so.  Maybe it shouldn't be called a Similarity (which to me
> (though, carrying a heavy curse of knowledge burden...) means
> "scoring")?  Matcher?

I think we can express the difference between your proposed approach for
Lucene Similarity (no effect on index) and my proposed approach for Lucy
Similarity (aggressive index-time data reduction) by putting Lucy's Similarity
under Lucy::Index instead of Lucy::Search.

Marvin Humphrey

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message