lucene-dev mailing list archives

From mark harwood <markharw...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Incremental Field Updates
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2010 11:28:29 GMT

>Who ever said that some_condition should point to a unique document?

My assumption was, for now, we were still talking about the simpler case of updating a single
document.
If we extend the discussion to support set-based updates it's worth considering the common
requirements for updating sets:
a)  update values can be non-constants such as "reduce price of all products in ski-wear dept
by 10%".
b)  the criteria to define the set can be most usefully expressed as a query rather than mandating
a single term e.g. "set published:false on all docs in last week's date range"

That feels like too much functionality to consider adding right now but I can see a much more
basic solution is possible which supports single and simple set based updates.