lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <>
Subject Changes in SVN (backwards-compatibility branch removed, Snowball test data)
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 09:38:02 GMT
Hi all,

Yesterday morning I committed - If you currently
have checked out Lucene repositories, I recommend to do the following:

(1) Check, if you have changes in your backwards folder; if yes, create a patch (use svn diff
inside the branch checkout, so inside backwards/lucene_3_0_back_compatibility_tests)

(2a) If you not have updated svn to HEAD:
- run "ant clean-backwards", if this fails you are already on HEAD and this task has gone,
use (2b)
- rm -rf contrib/analyzers/common/src/test/org/apache/lucene/analysis/snowball/data
- svn up

(2b) If you are already on HEAD:
- rm -rf backwards/lucene*
- rm -rf contrib/analyzers/common/src/test/org/apache/lucene/analysis/snowball/data
- svn up

(3) If applicable apply the patch of your changes on the folder using "patch -p0" inside backwards,
not backwards/src.

(4) check everything is correct:
- backwards should only contain a readme and a src/ folder
- during svn up it should print also a message, that the external snowball data is updated
to/on rev 500 (currently).

In future, there is no need to have revision numbers or separate commits for changing backwards
tests. Just edit in your local checkout and commit in one go. It's also possible for changes
to be included in patches, as its now only one checkout.

After releasing a new Lucene version, proceed as described in the ReleaseToDo on Wiki, to
update the backwards folder.

Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen

To unsubscribe, e-mail: