lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: SegmentInfos extends Vector
Date Sun, 28 Feb 2010 11:37:15 GMT
I think this is historically. I have seen this in my big 3.0 generification patches, too. But
I did not wanted to change it as Vector has other allocation schema than ArrayList. But maybe
we should simply change it, it’s a package-private class, right?

But in general subclassing those implementations is not the best thing you can do. In general
the class should extend Object or something else and just have final field of type List<…>.
Exposing the whole API of List to the outside is bad.

+1 to refactor this class (and don’t let it extend a Collections class).

-----

Uwe Schindler

H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen

http://www.thetaphi.de <http://www.thetaphi.de/>