lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: SegmentInfos extends Vector
Date Sun, 28 Feb 2010 12:49:19 GMT
Hi Shai,

I forgot to mention: Iterable is always a good idea. E.g. during my 3.0 generification, I
made “BooleanQuery implements Iterable<BooleanClause>” and so on. That makes look
the code nice J. Also other classes got this interface in Lucene. Also adding j.io.Closeable
everywhere was a good idea.

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen

eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de

From: Shai Erera [mailto:serera@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 28, 2010 1:38 PM
To: java-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: SegmentInfos extends Vector

I would rather avoid implementing List .. we should implement Iterable for sure, but I'd like
to keep the API open either iterating in-order or getting a particular SegmentInfo. Another
thing, I haven't seen anywhere that remove is called. In general I don't like to impl an interface
just to throw UOE everywhere ...

I will open an issue. I usually investigate the code first before I open an issue. Also, what
about back-compat? Are we even allowed to change that class? If not, then we can deprecate
it and introduce a new one ...

Shai