lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Willnauer <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Release Lucene Java 2.9.2 & 3.0.(1|2) together soon
Date Sun, 07 Feb 2010 14:00:37 GMT
On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 2:45 PM, Michael McCandless
<lucene@mikemccandless.com> wrote:
> +1 to release.  Thank you for volunteering :)  We've got a number of
> good bug fixes pending...
+1 I already know a couple of people looking forward to this releases!

> But: I think we should simply name it 3.0.1?  If we skip 3.0.1 I think
> it will cause confusion?  We can state in the CHANGES that 2.9.2 has
> same bug fixes as 3.0.1 and vice/versa?
We should not skip 3.0.1! I agree with mike there is no need for
skipping it and it will cause lots of confusion I guess.

simon

> Mike
>
> On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 8:29 AM, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
>> Hallo all,
>>
>> I think it is ready to start the release process of 3.0.(1|2) and 2.9.2 soon. Before
building the artifacts I would compare the changelogs and try to merge them to get a similar
bugfix level for both versions. I would like to release both versions on the same day with
the same release message. I have all scripts available here and can start the builds easily
on my solaris box.

>> Maybe we should name the next 3.0 release 3.0.2 (and not use .1?) - so it says 2.9.2
and 3.0.2 are equal from the bugfix level?