lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Lucene Java 2.9.2 and 3.0.1 release artifacts
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 22:45:44 GMT

On Feb 17, 2010, at 5:35 PM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:

> Inline
>
> On Feb 14, 2010, at 6:45 PM, Uwe Schindler wrote:
>
>> Hallo Folks,
>>
>> I have posted a release candidate for both Lucene Java 2.9.2 and 3.0.1 (which both
have the same bug fix level, functionality and release announcement), build from revision
910082 of the corresponding branches. Thanks for all your help! Please test them and give
your votes until Thursday morning, as the scheduled release date for both versions is Friday,
Feb 19th, 2010. Only votes from Lucene PMC are binding, but everyone
>> is welcome to check the release candidate and voice their approval or disapproval.
The vote passes if at least three binding +1 votes are cast.

>> We planned the parallel release with one announcement because of their parallel development
/ bug fix level to emphasize that they are equal except deprecation removal and Java 5 since
major version 3.

>> Please also read the attached release announcement (Open Document) and send it corrected
back if you miss anything or want to improve my bad English :-)

>> You find the artifacts here:
>> http://people.apache.org/~uschindler/staging-area/lucene-292-301-take1-rev910082/
>>

> Still working through this, but:
>
> Why are there SHA1 signatures for the 3.0.1 releases but not 2.9.2.  I don't think SHA1
is required (in fact, isn't it cracked?) so it may be fine to just remove it.

Not a show stopper, BTW.  Just curious about what is different.