lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Lucene Java 2.9.2 and 3.0.1 release artifacts - Take #2
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2010 17:40:53 GMT
+1 to release.  I used each version's binary release to build & search a
5M wikipedia index.

Search performance is the same for TermQuery with both releases, but
for PhraseQuery (at least the 3 simple 2-word phrases I tested) was
~9% faster (20.49 QPS -> 22.29 QPS).  Not sure why... but it's moving
in the right direction!

contrib/benchmark is somewhat not fun to use from a non-source
release.  We don't ship a build.xml so you can't do "ant run-task...".
And you have to go get the various dep libs yoursself.  I don't think
this is really a big deal -- I think having to run from a source
release is fine.

Mike

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 6:40 PM, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> Hallo Folks,
>
> I have posted a new release candidate (take #2) for both Lucene Java 2.9.2 and 3.0.1
(which both have the same bug fix level, functionality and release announcement), build from
revision 912433 of the corresponding branches. Thanks for all your help! Please test them
and give your votes until *Thursday morning*, as the scheduled release date for both versions
is Friday, Feb 26th, 2010. Only votes from Lucene PMC are binding, but everyone
> is welcome to check the release candidate and voice their approval or disapproval. The
vote passes if at least three binding +1 votes are cast.

> We planned the parallel release with one announcement because of their parallel development
/ bug fix level to emphasize that they are equal except deprecation removal and Java 5 since
major version 3.