lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adding .classpath.tmpl
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2010 16:10:38 GMT
To me, this is stuff that can go on the wiki or somewhere else, otherwise over time, there
will be others to add in, etc.  We could simply add a pointer to the wiki page in the README.

On Feb 24, 2010, at 11:55 PM, Shai Erera wrote:

> Hi
>
> I always find it annoying when I checkout the code to a new project in eclipse, that
I need to put everything that I care about in the classpath and adding the dependent libraries.
On another project I'm involved with, we did that process once, adding all the source code
to the classpath and the libraries and created a .classpath.tmpl. Now when people checkout
the code, they can copy the content of that file to their .classpath file and setting up the
project is reducing from a couple of minutes to few seconds.

> I don't want to check-in .classpath because not everyone wants all the code in their
classpath.

> I attached such file to the mail. Note that the only dependency which will break on other
machines is the ant.jar dependency, which on my Windows is located under c:\ant. That jar
is required to compile contrib/ant from eclipse. Not sure how to resolve that, except besides
removing that line from the file and document separately that that's what you need to do if
you want to add contrib/ant ...

> The file is sorted by name, putting the core stuff at the top - so it's easy for people
to selectively add the interesting packages.