lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Date Sat, 13 Feb 2010 20:16:56 GMT
Hi

IndexWriter.init() checks a couple of times whether infoStream != null in
order to print informative messages ... init() is called only from the
ctors, which means infoStream will always be null at this point, no?
Therefore I think those checks can be removed? Not for performance reasons,
but for clarity - no one should expect those messages to be printed out.

BTW, would it make sense to add a ctor which accepts infoStream right from
the start, so that such messages will be printed out?

I don't think an issue is needed (to remove the checks), however if there is
interest in adding a new ctor which accepts infoStream, then I can open one.
Even though I don't think those messages are really critical at this stage
of the system.

Shai