lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding .classpath.tmpl
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2010 16:21:57 GMT
+1 - I'd prefer this stay out of svn as well - I'd rather it go on the
wiki too - perhaps in the same place that you can find the formatting
file for eclipse and intellij.

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com

On 02/25/2010 11:10 AM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> To me, this is stuff that can go on the wiki or somewhere else, otherwise over time,
there will be others to add in, etc.  We could simply add a pointer to the wiki page in the
README.

> On Feb 24, 2010, at 11:55 PM, Shai Erera wrote:
>

>> Hi
>>
>> I always find it annoying when I checkout the code to a new project in eclipse, that
I need to put everything that I care about in the classpath and adding the dependent libraries.
On another project I'm involved with, we did that process once, adding all the source code
to the classpath and the libraries and created a .classpath.tmpl. Now when people checkout
the code, they can copy the content of that file to their .classpath file and setting up the
project is reducing from a couple of minutes to few seconds.

>> I don't want to check-in .classpath because not everyone wants all the code in their
classpath.

>> I attached such file to the mail. Note that the only dependency which will break
on other machines is the ant.jar dependency, which on my Windows is located under c:\ant.
That jar is required to compile contrib/ant from eclipse. Not sure how to resolve that, except
besides removing that line from the file and document separately that that's what you need
to do if you want to add contrib/ant ...

>> The file is sorted by name, putting the core stuff at the top - so it's easy for
people to selectively add the interesting packages.