lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Having a default constructor in Analyzers
Date Sun, 07 Feb 2010 17:53:44 GMT
Hi Sanne,

Exactly that usage we want to prevent. Using Version.LUCENE_CURRENT is the badest thing you
can do if you want to later update your Lucene version and do not want to reindex all your
indexes (see javadocs).

It is easy to modify your application to create analyzers even from config files using the
reflection way. Just find a constructor taking Version and call newInstance() on it, not directly
on the Class. It's just one line of code more.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen