lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LUCENE-1515
Date Fri, 01 Jan 2010 15:47:55 GMT
there is a precedent for this in snowball though, German2Stemmer

On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 8:28 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:

> On Dec 31, 2009, at 11:29 AM, Karl Wettin wrote:
>
>> 1515 is an alternative Swedish stemmer that handles a couple of things unsupported
by the original stemmer. A few things is handled worse, but all together I think it's a better
algorithm. I've used it in two commercial applications. I'd like to commit it. Even though
I've done my best to make them notice it, the snowball community never commented on it. Perhaps
I should attempt once again before pushing it to Lucene.

>> The code is, as the rest of the snowball contrib package, BSD. That shouldn'y cause
any problems, right?

>> What should I call this stemmer? Swedish2? SwedishToo? Svenska? :)
>>

> Please, no Swedish2 or any variant like that.  How about something that let's users
know what it is and why they should use it?

Robert Muir
rcmuir@gmail.com