lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "George Aroush" <geo...@aroush.net>
Subject Lucene Java 2.9.2
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2010 03:59:30 GMT
Hi Folks,

Over at Lucene.Net, we have 2.9.1 ready for official release.  This is a
port of the current Lucene Java 2.9.1 release.

When I raised the question about releasing Lucene.Net 2.9.1, a question was
asked to port over LUCENE-2190 for which a patch was quickly made (see:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENENET-331).  This begs the
question, if Lucene.Net takes just this one patch, than Lucene.Net 2.9.1 is
now 2.9.1.1 (which I personally don't like to see happening as I prefer to
see a 1-to-1 release match).

So, I examined the list of fixes made in 2.9.2 here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE/fixforversion/12314342 and
found that this is a small task to port over.

So far so good?  Good.

Now, as far as I know, Lucene Java never made an official 2.9.2 release, or
is this in the works (I don't recall seeing any email about it)?  If so,
what's the time line?  I think our decision on the Lucene.Net side will be
based on the answer to this question.

Thanks.

-- George