lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Sanne Grinovero <s.grinov...@sourcesense.com>
Subject A new Lucene Directory available
Date Sat, 14 Nov 2009 19:44:30 GMT
Hello all,
I'm a Lucene user and fan, I wanted to tell you that we just released
a first technology preview of a distributed in memory Directory for
Lucene.

The release announcement:
http://infinispan.blogspot.com/2009/11/second-release-candidate-for-400.html

>From there you'll find links to the Wiki, to the sources, to the issue
tracker. A minimal demo is included with the sources.

This was developed together with Google Summer of Code student Lukasz
Moren and much support from the Infinispan and Hibernate Search teams,
as we are storing the index segments on Infinispan and using it's
atomic distributed locks to implement a Lucene LockFactory.

Initial idea was to contribute it directly to Lucene, but as
Infinispan is a LGPL dependency we had to distribute it with
Infinispan (as the other way around would have introduced some legal
issues); still we hope you appreciate the effort and are interested in
giving it a try.
All kind of feedback is welcome, especially on benchmarking
methodologies as I yet have to do some serious performance tests.

Main code, build with Maven2:
svn co http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/infinispan/tags/4.0.0.CR2/lucene-directory/
infinispan-directory

Demo, see the Readme: