lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: Omit positions but not TF
Date Sun, 08 Nov 2009 16:14:39 GMT
Michael McCandless wrote:
> +1
>
> I guess we'd add a Fieldable.setOmitPositions?  And then save that in
> FieldInfos, and fix the postings writing/reading to respect it?  Ie,
> we can just change the index format.  Encoding as negative numbers

Yes, that's what I had in mind. I was a bit shy of bumping the format
version, but likely there will be other changes that we can put under
the same next version of the format.

> isn't great because the termFreq is written as a vInt, which consumes
> 5 bytes to encode any negative number.  Wanna cough up a patch?

Heh .. that's the right term for it, I haven't looked at the details of
oal.index.* since 2.4-ish or so ... we'll see ;)

> Probably this should wait until 3.1.

+1.

--
Best regards,