lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject getField on MultiTermQuery
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 18:37:56 GMT
Now that getTerm is gone from MultiTermQuery, I'd like to add some way
to get the field. The Highlighter has to now do more nasty
specialization than it already did to get the field off every type of
MultiFieldQuery. So some contrib queries that worked now don't, and are
going to require a dependency and instanceof handling to work again.
Annoying, because its just to get the field. So I'd like to add getField
or field. Unfortunately, it would have to throw UnsupportedException or
return null or something for back compat, unless someone has a bright
idea about how to solve this in another way (in the near term).

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com