lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Willnauer <>
Subject Re: Change HashSet to Set in WordlistLoader - BackCompat Issue
Date Sun, 11 Oct 2009 14:19:31 GMT
On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 3:48 PM, Robert Muir <> wrote:
> Simon, so I don't forget, we also have a custom WordListLoader in
> that we can delete for 3.0 (it is deprecated)
Saw that already -- thanks for pointing it out again
> For your question though, maybe one idea is to return HashSet/HashMap but
> with a comment saying the return value will change to Set/Map in 3.1?
> If the user reads this, and treats it as an interface in their code: Map x =
>, would their code still work in 3.1... would they need
> to recompile?
If they would use the Interface in the assignment they could just drop
in though.
I would also leave it like it is and change it later though. Its a
very minor case and for that reason simply a style issue.
I will add a comment that it can change in future releases.
Everything else would introduce too many problems for this minor change though.