lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: contrib and lucene 3.0
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2009 20:07:43 GMT
Grant, in this case the new contribution does not require any deprecation,
it is another implementation for regex and wildcard query that works a bit
differently than the others.

Not to stray off-topic, but your comment does apply to
RussianLowerCaseFilter, which is currently marked deprecated in 3.0.
Until the custom-encoding junk (deprecated in 2.9) was removed, I couldn't
easily tell that it was simply a duplicate of LowerCaseFilter...
for now its marked deprecated in 3.0 to be removed in 4.0