lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <>
Subject Re: Change HashSet to Set in WordlistLoader - BackCompat Issue
Date Sun, 11 Oct 2009 13:48:43 GMT
Simon, so I don't forget, we also have a custom WordListLoader in that we can delete for 3.0 (it is deprecated)

For your question though, maybe one idea is to return HashSet/HashMap but
with a comment saying the return value will change to Set/Map in 3.1?
If the user reads this, and treats it as an interface in their code: Map x =, would their code still work in 3.1... would they need
to recompile?