lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Busch <busch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 2.9 and deprecated IR.open() methods
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 22:54:47 GMT
I was thinking lately about the large quantity of IndexWriter
constructors and IndexReader open methods. I'm not sure if this has been
proposed before, but what if we introduced new objects, e.g.
IndexWriterConfig and IndexReaderConfig. They would contain
getter/setter methods for all the different parameters the various
constructors and open methods currently have. Then there would only be
one IW constructor taking an IndexWriterConfig object as parameter and
one open method in IR likewise. Then going forward we won't have to
add/deprecate more ctors or open methods, we can then easily extend or
deprecate getters/setters in the *Config classes.

  Michael