lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <>
Subject Re: Optimization and Corruption Issues
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 15:47:41 GMT
Would it work to copy your entire index to a new directory, perhaps on a
different machine and optimize *there*? Then copy back to your app. Of
course updates would be lost...
But taking a week to optimize a 20G index seems just plain wrong. Have you
tried playing with the various options to see if you can get better
performance? And/or allocating more memory to the JVM?

Of course I'm not very familiar with 2.0 performance, so.....