lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Lucene Java 2.9.1
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 16:43:12 GMT
Looks good. One thing:

In Mark's artifacts, he changed the common-build.xml to not have -dev in the
version before the release. You can see this in SVN. I am fine with having
-dev in the source artefact, because if someone compiles his own bin from
the artefact, it should have -dev in it, because it's not an official build.

Any comments about this?:

I found something in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-1973 that
may need un-deprecation. Can you and Mark Miller also look into it?

I find the method is very useful to prevent users from creating
TopFieldDocCollector manually, what produced lots of confusion about the
parameters of the static ctor (have to ask the weight for it..., hard to
explain for someone, who only wants scores for sorted results).

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen