lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to leverage the LogMergePolicy "calibrateSizeByDeletes" patch in Solr ?
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2009 16:57:10 GMT
Actually, I strongly disagree.  If you optimize for this case, you are
pessimizing for the real world.

It would be much better to fit a realistic life cycle or just record a trace
of profile updates (no need for content, just an abstract id for each
profile that got updated).

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve