lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <>
Subject Re: 2.9 NRT w.r.t. sorting and field cache
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2009 05:05:27 GMT
On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 12:56 AM, John Wang <> wrote:
> Looking at the code, seems there is a disconnect between how/when field
> cache is loaded when IndexWriter.getReader() is called.

I'm not sure what you mean by "disconnect"

> Is FieldCache updated?

FieldCache entries are populated on demand, as they always have been.

> Otherwise, are we reloading FieldCache for each
> reader instance?

Searching/sorting is now per-segment, and so is the use of the
FieldCache.  Segments that don't change shouldn't have to reload their
FieldCache entries.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message