lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: NumericRange Field and LuceneUtils?
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2009 20:45:21 GMT
By the way: This is documented:
http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-trunk/javadoc/core/org/apac
he/lucene/document/NumericField.html

NOTE: This class is only used during indexing. When retrieving the stored
field value from a Document instance after search, you will get a
conventional Fieldable instance where the numeric values are returned as
Strings (according to toString(value) of the used data type).

(this o.a.l.document.Fieldable is always a o.a.l.document.Field)

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de