lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: 2.9 NRT w.r.t. sorting and field cache
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2009 07:59:36 GMT
The NRT reader coming from the IndexWriter.getReader() has only changes in
the currently processed segments, the other segments keep stable (and even
their IndexReader keys used for the FieldCache). The rest of the segments
keep stable. For the consumer it looks like a normal reader (it is in fact a
ReadOnlyDirectoryReader) supporting getSequentialSubReaders() and so on.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de

  _____

From: John Wang [mailto:john.wang@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 9:32 AM
To: java-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: 2.9 NRT w.r.t. sorting and field cache

Thanks Mark for the pointer!

I guess my point is with NRT, and when segment files change often, this
would be an issue, no?

Anyway, I can run some tests.

Thanks

-John

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 3:21 PM, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote:

1483 - indexsearcher pulls out a readers subreaders (segmentreaders) and
sends a collector over them one by one, rather than using the multireader.
So only fc for seg readers that change need to be reloaded.

- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com (mobile)