lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Wouter Heijke" <whei...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: Lucene Spatial
Date Fri, 18 Sep 2009 08:03:29 GMT
Evil... well if the projection doesn't align with the way other parts of
your codebase do then it it is just one more reason to dump code and write
your own...

The most useful part I could donate is the bunch of code I wrote around
GeoHashes, that is code that enables you do do really cool things, like
reverse geocoding with them. I also addressed the median/equator problem
and made bounding box searches by using GeoHashes more controllable.

GeoHashes are really powerful and are more suited for Lucene then lat/lon's.

Wouter